The floor of one of four bays in a 130+ year-old barn made with timber framing, mortise and tenon joinery, and hand hewn wood. Known as the McDougall Barn, built by Peter McDougall in the 1870's along the Mississippi River sandplain terrace in Morrison County near Royalton, MN upon immigrating from Canada. The floor of the 4 bays are made of tamarack rounds, used to mitigate hoof & mouth disease in their livestock. McDougall State Wildlife Management Area.
AbstractMcDougall WMAMinnesotaMorrison CountyRoyaltonStill Life